img src="http://lb2f.lilypie.com/PZeWm6.png"width=400" height="80"border="0" alt-Lilypie Second Birthday tickers"/>
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

November 4, 2009

our first halloweeny

well for halloween this year, we didnt really do much. although colby and i got to hang out which we werent planning on. but since all their schedules changed he got off at 5:00. i was super excited. our first night for almost 4 months and on a weekend thats a double whammy! i dont know how i got so lucky! no there were no scary movies this year... colby has banned me from them since he works nights and i get scared. yes i am a big baby when it comes to staying by myself in the dark. i HATE HATE HATE the dark. but Colbys mom has a party every year at her house. this year we had to have it on halloween since everyones schedules and sick kids ect ect. so what happens is his mom dresses up like a witch and decorates the house and has creepy music playing. when you get there you get your menu, which is a paper with some riddles... you have to try and get the answers right so you can eat. last year was my first year and i did horrible. i got salad dressing with no salad and i got sauce but no noodles, and i had to eat with a spatula. but this year i redeemed myself. i got them all right. it is so fun to hear what everyone thinks something is. and its funny to see what is on peoples plates. in the end his mom gives in and lets you eat everything and have normal forks. this year we had bat droppings, spiders, frog guts, bloody soup, witches brew, skeleton bones, and fingers. we had some other stuff but i cant remember all the names. after we ate we played some games, and got prizes. We all had a great time. sorry no pictures i forgot the camera when colby was rushing me.

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like a fun idea! Glad you were able to spend a night with your hubby:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds FUN! I would love to see what these riddles are...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like so much fun! I am so glad you were able to hang out with Colby for a little bit too. I probably know what you are going through. Jesse works graveyards so he sleeps all day and then I only get to see him a couple hours a night and he also works six days a week so we don't see each other much. It is so good to read your blog, you seem so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOW FUN!!!! Can I come to the Balls Halloween party next year? Really I would love to start something like that at my house. FUN FUN!!! I am happy for your double whammy weekend too! If you want to see a really scary movie when I come in the Summertime we will need to get Paranormal Activity. You will not be able to sleep alone in your house for a while though. OOO I love being scared specially at Halloween time!

    ReplyDelete