img src="http://lb2f.lilypie.com/PZeWm6.png"width=400" height="80"border="0" alt-Lilypie Second Birthday tickers"/>
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

December 19, 2013

Allygator update/ Clinic

I was reminded today that I don't post as much as I should! I know this is true, and I wont make any excuses for it. but I am going to try to do better.

The allygator has hit some major milestones in the last few months. In September she started crawling, it was amazing. It won't let me add the video for some reason. We had been working on it and one day I put a toy out and was playing with her, for some reason I decided to get my phone out and video her. I am so glad that I did because she took off crawling. I wanted to jump for joy but knew it would scare her and she would stop so I held it all in. when she reached the toy I just started crying and calling Colby and everyone else I knew. I was so excited! Now she is all over the place and really fast. She loves chasing deegan around and they think its hilarious.

We also had Spina Bifida Clinic last Friday. It was a long day. We started off with clinic at 8:30 seeing the list of people that we see every time. Our first appointment was the best, it was the physical therapist. He said Ally is the type of kid that puts him out of a job! how about that for a starter! He gave us some great information and got us really excited for the next few months. He said a lot of therapists will push for either braces, a walker or whatever it is the child needs to help them instead of giving the child an opportunity to try on there own. or they will push for them when they are not meeting the milestones when they want them too. so he suggested that we hold off on any type of brace and give her the chance to do it on her own, because he honestly does not think she will need them. Then he went on to say that in the next few years when her legs get stronger and stronger we will start putting her in things that will keep her legs strong like dance or soccer or whatever it is. This got us really excited. I knew she would be able to do all these things even if she does need some support, but to hear him say that was amazing. Next we saw Nuero and they were pleased with the way her head felt, looked, and how well she was doing. so they had no concerns for hydro. Next we had an ultrasound of her kidneys. that test came back great. she had no problems and they are growing perfectly. The last appointment of the day was her VCMG, this is the bladder study test. we were really nervous for this test. the first time they tried ally was not having it. she did not want to lay there, but the results came back good. but just to be on the safe side they wanted to do it a second time. she was so tired that she didn't care. The second test came back even better then the first. Her bladder has grown and she can hold more and still pees it all out on her own. We still have to cath her once a day. But it was all great news and just what we were hoping for. She does not have to have this test done again for a year! YEY. We go back in March for clinic and an MRI.



Ally's newest trick is pulling to standing. We were so happy to see her do this. We have worked and worked and worked on this, and she finally got it. we are now working on scooting along the couches. she is not sure about it, she just wants to walk forward and not sideways. since she has started doing this, she will now let you hold her hands and she will walk, she would not let us do this before and she would not lift her right leg up before either. She was also rolling her right foot, which we have noticed she does not really do anymore since she has been pulling up. which means her little legs and ankles are getting stronger. She is still having physical therapy once a month. She works really hard and She is a determined sassy little girl. Her determination is how she has gotten this far.



I had to put these pictures on here to show how close these two are! And it will bring a smile to your face. how could it not. They LOVE each other so much. They do not like to be apart. We love watching them play and talk to each other. Deegan is such an amazing big brother. We can only hope they stay this close!






No comments:

Post a Comment