Ally is also 2 months old now. I cant believe it! she is starting to get really spoiled, which we knew would happen. but do you blame the girl. She is growing fast and loves to be held and loves to watch deegan play and when he talks to her.
Friday morning I got up with the kids, I got Deegan dressed and started to get ally ready. we had to change her bandages, so I started to take them off and when I got to the bottom I saw the stitches had broke apart and there was a small hole. I cant even tell you how I felt when I saw that, so many thoughts and emotions went through my head so fast. I was sick to my stomach, sad, worried, and every other feeling you can have. I ran into to get Colby, I scared him to death, I was almost crying, and said ally has a hole in her back. he jumped out of bed to come look at it and we started to call the doctor. we loaded up and headed down to PCMC. this is what I found below....
they were waiting for us when we got there. the plan was to put the vac back on and come back on Tuesday when our doctor was there. so the vac is back on and we left and came home. the whole way home was depressing. We knew when we found out about ally having SB that there would be setbacks. but we thought maybe just maybe since we had had some setbacks before maybe we would catch a break for a bit. but once again there is always a positive. her back is not infected and it is covered up so that it can not get infected.
Tuesday finally came and we got to our appointment. they took the vac off and cleaned her back out and this is what it looks like
to some people it might not look great, but some people don't know what they are looking for either, so ill just tell you it looks REALLY good! we were surprised at how good it looked just over a few days. so the plan now is to leave the vac on until it is completely healed. how long will that take? well next Tuesday we will have a better idea, but a guess would be 2-4 weeks. She will get the stitches out next week. we are making progress and cant wait until it is all healed up. I cant wait to go to one of our appointments and see them take the vac off and its all healed up. its kind of exciting to see how it looks week after week when you cant just look at it whenever you want. hopefully there wont be any more setbacks with this. but if there is, we will figure it out and keep fighting!




Sheena,
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry. That's very discouraging. I honestly think wounds are one of the hardest things about spina bifida. A similar thing happened to us. We thought it was finally coming together/healing and then boom! Open again. And once it starts, it doesn't stop. We had the surgery twice. Dr. Sadiki is awesome. I noticed that he repairs the backs different than some other doctors. It wasn't until we finally started laying Maggie on her back that it started to heal. The arching of her back when she layed on her tummy spread the skin so thin. Here's a couple links that I blogged about. Ugh, I feel so bad for you guys.http://getusedtothestairs.blogspot.com/2012/08/surgery-part-deux.html
http://getusedtothestairs.blogspot.com/2012/08/stitches-by-siddiqi.html
http://getusedtothestairs.blogspot.com/2012/08/baby-got-back.html