img src="http://lb2f.lilypie.com/PZeWm6.png"width=400" height="80"border="0" alt-Lilypie Second Birthday tickers"/>
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

May 25, 2013

check ups and fun

Tuesdays appointment was a little more rough then the last appointments have been. she is always crying during the vac changes but its because she does not want to lay on her belly and she is hungry, and we feed her and then she spits it up cause she is on her belly then she rubs her face in it. I know they sound like fun appointments. but this appointment they were taking all her stitches out. I figured they would just cut them and slide right out. but I was way wrong. her skin had overgrown most of the stitches so they had to dig them out. It was HORRIBLE!!! She was screaming bloody murder and making that hurt cry! oh I hate that cry! the nurse that was taking them out felt so bad. she kept giving her breaks to see if she would calm down. then she had to come and have someone help because ally was wiggling all over the place. so one held her still while the other one dug them out. Finally they got the last one out, it seemed like it took forever. we were all so glad once they were out. she was still crying and it so hard to try and comfort her when I cant pick her up with the vac off. she finally feel asleep and they got her back cleaned up and put the vac back on. Dr Siddiqi changed the order of the vac to be changed twice a week. so we will still go to PCMC on Tuesdays then home health is coming to our home on Fridays. We have not got a straight answer about how long this process will take, just guesses. which I am sure no one really knows the right answer. we have heard 3 weeks. 4 weeks and 6 weeks. not sure which one we should go with. but I think I will pick 6 weeks since every time we get our hopes up, it always seems to take longer. We also got the approval to put Ally in a normal car seat! YAHOO!! goodbye cooler car seat!


this is what it looked like on Tuesday.....




and this is what it looked like on Friday.... it is looking really good.


I was looking through some pictures on my camera the other day and found this one below... and I was just amazed at the difference... I can not believe it was this big! this was about a month ago. now it is about the size of a quarter! Amazing! it might be taking a long time for her back to heal and these little setbacks might seem like the end of the world sometimes, but things could be worse. Ally has no other problems, she has great leg and toe movement, she has feeling in her legs, and she has no signs of hydro. We are hoping to start physical therapy soon and get back to our regular clinic schedule so we can get all of her other tests done.




besides all the doctor visits we have been trying to find fun things to do indoors. I know its been nice outside but the wind has been really crazy and Ally cant breathe in it... and having Colby at work Deegan is stuck inside with us!

We have been making volcano's like crazy! this is seriously one cheap, easy and fun thing to do. we have made a million of these and it never gets old.




We also played car wash... his cars are all nice and sparkling!

We attempted to make a jellyfish in a jar... pinterest FAIL!



We made slime... he wasn't too sure about touching it at first but then he got into it and played for a few hours.



 
 
We made some foam sand. this stuff is just like sand but does not get all over you house and smells good too!
 
 
And this is what Ally was doing while we were busy making things. just hanging out watching! I am trying to decide who she looks like in this picture. I am still not sure! and I am sure most of you wont recognize her without her bum crack showing! haha just kidding!
 
then we decided to have a movie night. we got the blow up mattress and after deegan jumped on it he picked the movie polar express, and we all snuggled up! it was such a fun night. now he is always wanting to have movie night like that!


They fell asleep holding hands it was so cute! I am so glad that they love each other so much. I hope they always stay this close growing up! I couldn't have asked for two better kids!


2 comments:

  1. Oh how hard! I'm sure you long to just hold her any way you want, bathe her, and stretch her without any concern for popping stitches or open wounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJune 05, 2013

    Oh my cuteness! Your kids are adorable! I love all of the fun ideas that you do with your kids. One of these days when life isn't so hectic for you all, you should post the recipes for your fun activities! The slime totally made me laugh. It looks like it's going to run away from Deegan :). You're a strong woman Sheena. It's not easy watching our children struggle. Thoughts and prayers with you and your family. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete