img src="http://lb2f.lilypie.com/PZeWm6.png"width=400" height="80"border="0" alt-Lilypie Second Birthday tickers"/>
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

April 15, 2009

Birthday Surprises...

Colby and I both celebrated our 24th birthdays in March. His on the 9th and mine on the 30th. I know I am late again... For Colbys birthday breakfast I made him some lemon poppy seed muffins, they are his favorite. Then we went to lunch with his mom and dad. While he went back to work at the shop, I stayed home to decorate. i made him a cake and filled our whole room with balloons and happy birthday signs. Then he decided to surprise me with coming home early so i had to hurry and run to the bedroom and try not drop the cake. I hurry and tried to light the candles and it was super dark so i had no idea where anything was. Now Colby works at an auto shop so he is so gross when he comes home and usually takes his shoes and dirty clothes off in the laundry room before he comes in my clean house, but no not this time he walked right in the house and started to walk back to the bedroom and came in... he came in so fast i didnt have time to light the candles. He was surprised but he walked straight over to the new bed frame we had just got and started to measure some bolts and screws then said i will be right back i have to run to the store before it closes. I was so MAD... here i spent all day baking a cake and blowing up balloons and hagging signs and trying to surprise him and it was ruined by our stupid bed frame. He came back in about 15 mins and i tried to replay the surpise but it just was not the same. He thought that it was so funny. We went out to dinner for his birthday and i surprised him by giving him the P90X which he has not stopped talking about. He was so surprised he kept asking me if they were real. It was pretty funny.

This is the cake i made


For my birthday I got up and got in the shower and when i got out there were ballons and signs every where in the house. It was funny because he had just blown up the balloons while i was in the shower and was tired from hurrying so fast. We both went to work and i went to lunch with the girls from work. I left early and went home and just relaxed until Colby got home. He also had made me a cake and it was so good.. chocolate my favortie. His mom and dad stopped by to give me a card and chatted for a bit. Then Colby and I were off to dinner. We have kind of started this tradition of eating for our birthdays at this gas station. I know that sounds really really weird but it is really good. They serve steaks and seafood and its a really popular place. After dinner we just rode around for a bit then he surprised me with something that i have been begging for... something to put on our porch. He made me this ladder that you can switch things to different seasons or holidays. He made the whole thing by himself and it turned out great. He also bought me some decor stars to put in our bedroom. I was so excited. The ladder looks really good on the porch and the stars look great in the bedroom. We had two great birthdays!

The ladder Colby made me..isnt it so cute!


And..... The Birthday Kids

8 comments:

  1. Happy Happy Birthday! You two kids had a great day! Don't you feel a little old! I cried on my 24th birthday! I love ya glad to know things are going great for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!!! I'm glad you're learning how to blog. It's really cute and fun to hear your stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love birthdays!!! the double surprise gave me a laugh. So happy freaking bday girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy birthday you two! Sounds like you had a lot of fun! Still i want to see wedding pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sheena!!! I am so glad you have the blog! Sounds like you are doing well. Congrats on the wedding! So how is Idaho....Idaho right? Love to hear from you. You're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow.... you updated! Good job! Sounds like you all had great birthday surprises for each other! What is a P90X? The ladder Colby made is darling. He is handy. I wouldn't know anything about that.. ha! You know I am not kidding! The cake is cute you made. 24 years old, holy crap! If you make me a cake next year for my b-day, can you put a 24 on mine too? Turning 28 this year was pretty hard. Anyhoo, keep updating. Can't wait to see some wedding photos! Toodles!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey I'm so glad you have a blog and found mine! You two look so cute together! Glad I can now see pix and catch up on your life:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fun! And cute Porch decoration! Happy late b-day to you both! We love P90X - hope you guys do, too!

    ReplyDelete